- more than 200 years of “Passion”
- 400 amateur actors and walkers-on
- 300 people “behind the scenes”.
- 29 scenes
- 34 performances between June and September
- a play more than two hours long
- Amphitheatre of more than 4,000 squared metres wide
- 2400 covered seats
- 80.000 hours of voluntary work
- Around 30,000 member of the audience in total for each edition
These are some numbers about the pluricentennial theatre tradition of the Passion of Christ that, foreseen for Summer 2020 and forced to a double postponement due to the pandemia, can finally be performed again from June 18th to September 25th with a run of 34 plays during the weekend
The Presentation Conference, supported by the Communes of Biella and Sordevolo will take place on Friday, March 25th, 2022 , at 6 pm by the Town Library in Biella, piazza Curiel 13
It’ll be the right occasion to speak about the great event in which every five years a whole village is involved and attracts members of the audience from all the world in the Amphitheatre transformed in a corner of Palestina; but also to speak about the recently renewed Passion Museum, such as about the two last books connected to the performance: Sordevolo, dove la Passione opera (Sordevolo, where Passion works) and Biblia Pauperum (the Bible of poor people).
Finally, it’ll take place the presentation of the work MMXXII by the biellese artist Paolo Barichello dedicated to the Passion of Sordevolo.
Entrance with Super Green Pass and Face Mask FFP” only